Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sleep Deprived

Tired. Not a good way to start what will be a sleep deprived (I almost typed depraved) weekend. I woke up from a nightmare in the middle of the night last night and my sleep was haphazard after that. I may just go back to bed instead of packing my suitcase.

There's a light dusting of snow on the ground this morning. It looks like a baker took a sieve and sprinkled icing sugar over the land.

Dearest one and youngest son spent a night in town this week rather than risk freezing rain two mornings in a row. Two mornings ago dearest one passed a Greyhound bus about 5 minutes before that bus rolled, killing several passengers. After experiencing several traumatic deaths in our family whenever I hear of an accident I think to myself, "Their nightmare is just beginning."

I'll be gone until Monday night, spending the weekend with 80 other women. I'll be giving a talk on putting our faith in action on Saturday afternoon. Monday morning I have my first appointment at the agency in town that offers childhood sexual abuse counseling. Pray for me.

Here's my favourite posts from the blogsphere this week: tears and laughter in one post. Goodbye.

Have a blessed weekend. Covet your sleep. Hug your loved ones.

4 comments:

daisymarie said...

I will be praying for you!

annie said...

Hope, enjoy your weekend and thanks for sharing the "Goodbye" post...

Seeker said...

I'll be praying for you too. Take care.

Peter said...

{0}