Friday, September 23, 2005

Living and Playing in the Bubble

I have no idea what to write about. I want to write about how I have been binging all week long on food instead of facing my feelings straight on but I want to sound more together than that. Hah, how's that for staring truth in the face. Ugh. Around and around I go. I don't know about you but there are stretches of time when I just don't want to face the truth. Let me be in my denial bubble please and thank you. The only thing is that nowadays I often, or almost always, know when I am in that bubble and know that I am the only one who can pop it. Okay, others can try to pop it but I tell you I can get rather vicious about the timing of popping the bubble.

That is making me think of the last time I went for spiritual direction and one of the things Father Charlie and I talked about was my need to learn how to play. He told me to go buy some kid stuff and spend some time playing. I brought home a colouring book and those big fat grade one kind of crayons, a thing of silly putty that turns colour when you play with it and a container of bubble liquid.

Maybe it is time to go blow real bubbles and stop fooling myself that being in the denial bubble is the kind of playing Father Charlie meant me to do.

No comments: